On the commercial photography side, I have done numerous assignments in Venue and Architectural photography (Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, conference venues and high end real estate properties are all part of this portfolio.) This type of photography is very rewarding and I have been fortunate to photograph some magnificent properties in some amazing settings. If you need photographs of your architectural project, or you need updated photos of your hotel, bed and breakfast or function venue, then I can help you by capturing some dramatic images of your place.
I also really enjoy food photography...there is something quite amazing about being able to capture the essence of a well prepared and plated dish. I look for strong texture and dramatic light when doing this type of photography, but mostly the goal is to make the food appear appetizing, inviting and three dimensional. The idea here is to make sure that when a client has seen the image, they want the food...so have a look at my food gallery to see some examples of this type of photography.
Commercial Photography Rates
The big question is always..."How much will it cost to...?" This is impossible to answer without a clear brief, so the best idea would be for you to answer the following questions for yourself, and then email them to me and I can meet with you to discuss the details further.
1. What would you like photographed? Is it a house, a building, a hotel, conference venue, some small products?
2. How many items would you like to be photographed? In the case of a hotel, is it the reception area, a suite, the bar, the lounge? If it is a product, how many products would need to be shot?
3. What will the photographs be used for? Will they be on your website only, or will they be used in brochures and other print media such as newspaper or magazine adverts. Would they be used in full colour or black and white?
4. When do you need the work by? This is important, some shoots are weather dependant, others require longer post production so a lead time is important.
5. Do you have a budget for this? The key question....how much budget do you have for this project? This will determine what can and can't be done, that way you can decide what is most important and what can be left for another shoot.
6. When can we meet? This is very important....a face to face meeting is the best way to discuss your needs. It is also a good idea for me to see the venue or products that you need to be photographed so that I can decide on what equipment I will need. Once this is done, I can give you a solid quotation.
So, if you need some photography work done, send me an email, try and answer the above questions in as much detail as possible and we can get together and discuss them further. This is not a long process, in fact it can be done in a day or two...If you have absolutely NO idea how to answer the questions above, email me anyway, I can help you figure this out, so either way...email me at email@example.com or click here.
Fine Art Landscape Photography
Landscape and nature photography is something that I love. It is a satisfying part of my photographic work to be able to capture the essence of a scene in nature and then show that image to people who have never been there. My goal in this genre of photography is to capture breathtaking images of the natural world and by doing so, enrich those who see these images by showing the beauty that is out there. This often means that travel is involved and that is another thing that I love, so landscape photography and travel go hand in hand.
I have been fortunate to travel to some amazing places and capture some magnificent scenes.
To see the images that I have captured, click here to see to see the Fine Art Landscape Photography gallery. All the images in this gallery are for sale. If you want to know more about buying my images, click here.
Teaching and Training
I offer various options that will help you improve your photography. If you live in Vancouver, you can join me on a Photo Walk, come to one of my courses on digital photography or attend one of my workshops. There are lots of ways to learn more about digital photography. If you don't live in Vancouver or are unable to attend my classes, then maybe you would like to download an E -Book that will help you grow your knowledge in photography. To find out more about the teaching and training I offer, click here.